PART-TIME CHILDREN’S DIRECTOR
Reports to: Lead Pastor Ruben Saenz III
Position Summary: The Children’s director is a part time position that generally requires 10-15 hours per week. This position requires a love for children and their well-being, leadership abilities, and good communication and people skills in order to do the work that they have been called to do. The Children’s Director will always act in a manner that reflects their faith in Christ and adhere to the vision of CFUMC.
• A passion and love for Jesus Christ and Children
• Previous Children’s Ministry experience encouraged but not mandatory
• Computer Skills (Presentation Software, Social Media, Etc.) are vital
• Social Media Presence
• Teaching, Planning & Execution along with rest of the ministry team
• Team Player/Communication with parents and leaders/volunteers
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Help create a Wednesday evening program for school age children
2. Organize Sunday morning Sunday school needs such as large group gathering for children, assisting in Sunday school classrooms if needed and making sure materials are ready for Sunday school. (Be present during Sunday morning worship)
3. Coordinate Sunday school curriculum and teachers serving in children’s ministry.
4. Oversee Nursery Director and Staff/scheduling (Nursery is defined as infants thru 3 years of age.)
5. Children's ministry be defined as Pre-K thru 5th grade.
6. Be present in the lives of the children, instructing, guiding, and loving each one of them, recognizing that each one is a child of God, unique in their own ways.
7. Interact with parents, receiving information from them, as well as providing updates on their child’s time in Sunday school. Act as point of contact with parents when issues may occur with their children in children’s activities.
8. Maintain appropriate paperwork on children, including personal information and noted allergies.
9. Organize and plan for a bi-monthly events and outings
10. Organize all children’s events such as VBS or other community kids events.
11. Communicate effectively with parents by newsletter, social media and any other means of communication.
For more information or if you are interested please email Pastor Ruben Saenz III: firstname.lastname@example.org