Magdalena House is a transitional neighborhood of homes in San Antonio that serves mothers and their children who have fled dangerous and abusive lives by providing transformation through education, nurturing community, and programming. We provide a free, safe, transitional home and loving community for those affected by family violence and human trafficking, mothers who have aged out of foster care, and those working with CPS, as well as mothers facing homelessness. Families’ needs are addressed and met, including unique programming designed to foster self-awareness. Vocational assistance in the form of education, training, and job readiness is a key ingredient, as mothers are required to attend school by taking college, high school, or GED classes. Through these and other enrichment courses and events, mothers living at Magdalena House develop social, educational, and financial skills needed to ensure the physical, economic, and spiritual well-being of themselves and their children.
We are seeking a motivated, organized, and compassionate individual with excellent interpersonal skills to provide assistance to the Magdalena House Program Director. The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing resident and community support, oversight of evening programming, coordinating program-related volunteers, supervising children’s activities during weekly enrichment classes, documenting services, and other duties as assigned by the Program Director and Executive Director.
Oversight of Evening Programming, Special Events and Family Outings
· Plan and implement special events, i.e. resident service projects, family meals, resident conferences, etc.
· Recruit and schedule volunteers for children’s activities during Tuesday evening Enrichment and special events as needed.
· Ensure successful programming by preparing volunteers for each event.
· Leads volunteers in Pre-Groups (communicating expectations) and Post-Groups (evaluation)for these events.
· Problem-solve last minute schedule changes and cancellations.
· Prepare supplies and oversee children’s activities during these events.
· Facilitate and coordinate quarterly Resident Service Projects.
· Arrange transportation.
· Connect existing volunteers with opportunities to serve.
· Inform directors of gaps in volunteers needs.
· Orient, train and support volunteers.
· Communicate via email and phone with scheduled volunteers about upcoming shifts.
· Maintain volunteer files and enter volunteer data into donor software.
Resident and Community Support
· Provide support to residents while on-site.
· Schedule meetings with residents and other agencies for Program Director
· Provide child supervision while residents are in meetings with Program Director, house meetings, therapy and/or other times as assigned by Program Director.
· Transport residents and accompany to appointments as needed and assigned by Program Director.
· Provide weekly emails with calendar information to staff and residents.
· Inform residents about upcoming vacation periods and track resident vacation requests.
· Record services, data and documents into case management software.
· Participate in weekly Program staff meetings.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director
· Committed to a life of faith and a passion to work for the good of mothers and children
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Demonstrated interest in working with the population we serve, experience working in social services or community non-profits a plus
· Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to fully utilize electronic record-keeping software
· Be willing and available to work after hours, nights, weekends, and holidays to handle events or emergencies as needed
· Exhibit strong organizational skills
· Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Possess knowledge of the local community
· Ability to work independently and on a team
· Ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of our residents
· Ability to manage office equipment
· Ability to carry 35 pounds
· Ability to drive MH vehicles to transport residents as needed; must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Ability to respect a drug and alcohol-free environment
· Ability to respect a smoke-free environment
· Part-time, up to 20 hours per week
· Weekday afternoons/evenings
To apply for this position, please email your resume and letter of interest. Please indicate the name of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Corinne Kurth, LPC-S
P.O. Box 692041
San Antonio, Texas 78269